Our AGM at Copper Branch Barrhaven was a great success. We had a great turnout, made quorum with 11 eligible voters, enjoyed some wonderful Copper Branch food and voted in a very enthusiastic group of nominees for our 2020 Volunteer Board of Directors. Much appreciation to everyone who attended!
We thanked exiting board members Dee Campbell, Rob McLeod, and Krista Collins and presented Rob and Dee with Lifetime VegOttawa Membership cards for their longtime commitment to keeping VegOttawa (NCVA) alive and strong.
We reviewed some of the accomplishments of this past year,
- Hosted a well-attended vegan brunch potluck
- Represented VegOttawa at Ottawa VegFest 2019 (sold 60 VO memberships)
- Hosted Beyond Meat (sausage & burgers) BBQ potluck at Vincent Massey Park
- Hosted screening of “A Prayer For Compassion” at Saint-Paul University with guest speaker, producer Dr. Sailesh Rao
- Hosted screening of Dr. Greger’s “How Not To Die” at Copper Branch Barrhaven with guest speaker Dr. Jennifer Purdy
- Major supporter of the International Vegan Film Festival
- Financially supported Nation Rising with a $500 donation
- Donated 113 Tofurky Roasts to the Ottawa Food Bank, Kanata Food Cupboard & FAMSAC to offer plant based holiday meals to people in need
- Organized Dr. Greger’s upcoming visit on March 9th at Algonquin Commons Theatre for his “How Not to Diet” speaking tour
- Completed the name change from National Capital Vegetarian Association to VegOttawa Association
- Made significant changes to the website
- Added new discount offerings: Copper Branch, Cinnaholic, World Financial Group
- Surpassed 200 members
We will update the website with bios and pictures of the new directors that were elected last night. In the meantime….
Your 2020 VegOttawa Association Volunteer Board of Directors:
David Edelstein, Karen Fairholm, Adam Nephin, Susan Macfarlane, Mark Petersen, Dean Tester, Marie-Pierre Theoret
Thank you to Copper Branch Barrhaven for allowing us to use the space and enjoy your food!
David Edelstein, Director