By Carolyn Harris
Did you know that October 1st is World Vegetarian Day (and the entire month of October is World Vegetarian Month)?
|Image from https://worldvegetarianday.navs-online.org/|
Here are some things that you can do to make a difference for World Vegetarian Day and Month:
1) If you haven’t gone vegetarian yet, please do so now! You can take the Veg Pledge on the North American Vegetarian Society’s website.
2) Spread the word about World Vegetarian Day and World Vegetarian Month on your social media accounts with friends and family. You could post a link to the Veg Pledge, as well as vegan recipes, pictures of vegan food, and your personal story of going vegetarian/vegan.
3) Wish people in your life a Happy World Vegetarian Day and World Vegetarian Month! Whether you’re at work, at school, or somewhere else, it can be a good wa to start conversations about the vegan lifestyle.
4) Try leafleting, blogging, protesting, or another activity to promote veganism.
5) Host a World Vegetarian Day meal for family and friends (or co-workers, or classmates), or hold a potluck! (Just make sure everyone knows that the food that they bring has to be free from animal products.)
Have a nice day!