Good morning pancake lovers!
Just wanted to remind everyone of this Saturday’s vegan pancake/waffle breakfast and to provide some logistical details.
The what, where and when are already posted here.
Some other important stuff:
1) The event runs from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm. We’ll be cooking the whole time so don’t all feel compelled to show up right at 9:30. 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00…basically whenever you drag your sorry self out of bed is good by us.
2) Parking: It’s in a residential area, so there’s a goodly amount of street parking. Worst case scenario is you’ll have to walk a few blocks. And really, given you’re about to eat about a pound of starch, that may not be a bad thing. And hey, see that wee blue thing in the picture – a bike rack! From what I understand, this is a very hippie building (in a good way), so I’m sure there are lots more of those around. Here’s a map.
3) Plates, utensils, cups, mugs. We’ll have disposable stuff. But won’t you be setting an excellent example for the youngsters if you bring your own re-usable stuff?
4) We’re also going to have samples of Nelakee vegan bacon and Yves’ vegan sausage links. Unfortunately, there will be a one-piece per person limit on these because they’re damn expensive. We’re mostly just bringing them so neophyte veggies can try them out; and because we want the hipsters to come and apparently they don’t go anywhere there’s not bacon. We’ll cook batches throughout the day so latecomers can try ’em too.
5) We’ll have a donation jar for Fauna there, in case you want to make a bigger donation.
Which you will if you are a good person and not going to hell.
6) Don’t forget we’ll be collecting garage-sale donations for the Great Glebe Garage sale (proceeds to Project Jessie)
7) Fabric: What? Yes, fabric. Turns out there’s a fabric sale going on in the area and the organizers asked us to let our breakfasters know. Just in case they need some fabric to make, say, some larger pants. Check out the ad below.