1. Help animals! The proceeds from the event will go to local animal-friendly charities New Moon Rabbit Rescue and the Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary. Reps from both groups will be at the event so you can learn more about what they do.
2. Great food. Delicious vegan hors d’oeurves have been generously donated by Green Earth Vegetarian Restaurant, ZenKitchen, The Green Door, Credible Edibles, Café My House, Auntie Loo’s Treats, and B.Goods.
3. Dance, dance, dance. DJ Sweetcheeks (of PROMdemonium fame) will be in the house spinning some of your favourite tunes. Make requests on our Facebook page.
4. The socializing. Meet other veggies, foodies, or just people who like to have a good time. There will plenty of space to mingle and chat about the music, great food and the charities.
5. Prizes! To help raise more money for the charities, the NCVA will be holding a raffle. Tickets are only $1. Prizes include a Matt and Nat wallet and vegan cookbook.
6. Carrot Santa. Yup, you heard right. Carrot Santa will be making an appearance. This may be your only chance to get a photo with a carrot dressed up as Santa.
7. Support the Montgomery Legion. Drink sales go to support the legion, a veteran-based community service organization mandated to care for veterans, service members and dependants.
8. Wear your favourite dress. When else do you get to wear a dress and high-heels in winter?
9. Meet some of the NCVA Board of Directors. Ok, not that exciting, but it is a chance to meet some people who are very passionate about spreading the benefits if a plant-based diet.
10. Fund raising with compassion. You can tell your friends about how you attended an event to help animals that didn’t have animals on the menu!
Register in advance and save $$! It’s $20 for NCVA members and $25 for non-members (in advance), or $30 at the door for everyone.