The NCVA is funded solely by donations and partnerships, and operated entirely by volunteers. It needs membership revenues to continue performing its outreach work in the community.
When you become a member online, the NCVA receives notification from PayPal and a membership card is mailed to the address listed on your PayPal account. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
Why Join – Member benefits
- Local Discounts – The NCVA works with local businesses to secure some sweet discounts for its members.
- Making life easier for you – The NCVA is working for you to identify and increase the number of businesses that accommodate plant-based diets.
- Be heard – With a large membership base the NCVA can act as a representative voice in the National Capital Region, and reach more people by participating in expos and other events.
Or mail a cheque payable to the ‘National Capital Vegetarian Association’ to:
NCVA, 236 Bayswater Ave, Ottawa, ON K1Y 2G7
Please present your card at restaurants and businesses before ordering or making your purchase. Businesses reserve the right to apply the discount only to the cardholder. Please check with your server prior to ordering.
The NCVA encourages you to check with your server to ensure items are vegetarian or vegan. The NCVA is not responsible for ensuring that food items do not contain animal products.
Currently, the card entitles members to:
- 20% off at The Table Vegetarian Restaurant, 1230 Wellington St W, 613-729-5973
- 10% off veg items at Café My House, 1015 Wellington Street West. 613-733-0707
- 10% off food and drink purchases at SimplyRaw Express, 989 Wellington Street West, 613-234-0806.
- 10% off purchases at Asian Stars Restaurant, 1380 Clyde Avenue.
- 10% off (on everything except wedding cakes) at Auntie Loo’s Treats, 112 Nelson St, 613-238-ALOO
- 10% off regularly priced items at terra20. Enrol in-store (2685 Iris Street) with your NCVA card, or online.
- 10% off food and drink purchases at Trii Outdoor Lounge, 1195 Wellington Street West.
- 10% off orders from Erika’s Vegan Catering.
- 10% off food items at Branch Out Bakery with a minimum purchase of $50.
- 10% off at Host India, 622 Montreal Rd, 613-746-4678
- 10% off veg food items at Chahaya Malaysia, 1690 Montreal Rd., 613-742-0242
- $50 off an initial visit with Network Spinal Analysis chiropractor, Dr. Amanda Chan at Hampton Wellness Centre, 1419 Carling Ave, Suite 209, 613-761-1600.
- 10% off veg food items at Shafali Restaurant, 308 Dalhousie Street, 613-789-9188
- 10% off veg food items at Shafali Bazaar, 55 Byward Market, 613-241-4412
- 10% off veg food items at the Lieutenant’s Pump, 361 Elgin St., 613-238-2949
- 10% off vegan hair products at Essence Hair Studio in Orleans. 613-837-3569 or email@example.com,
- 10% discount for mail order vegan cosmetics at Outside/In Cosmetics
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for NCVA members with promo bcode NCVA10